Disney Castaway Club Loyalty Program Guide
Do you like sailing the Disney Cruise Line? If so, the idea of earning perks like free specialty meals and cabin-exclusive freebies probably has appeal.
Frequent Disney Cruise Line Guests can earn these things and more through the Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club loyalty program. This frequent cruiser program is a way for DCL to reward its most loyal travelers with status levels that translate into benefits and special offers beyond what the general public receives.
Although all popular cruise lines offer loyalty programs, the various benefits, opportunities to earn status, and specific rules may vary by cruise line. Once you have reached a certain level in a certain program, it can be very worthwhile to stick with a cruise line. So you’ll want to understand exactly how to earn status and what you’ll get when you get there. Some travelers choose to sail with the same line all the time to quickly build their status and then use the benefits they have earned.
Wondering how to join the Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club so you can start earning status and benefits?
DCL cruisers are automatically enrolled in the Castaway Club program once they complete their first sail. Once you’ve earned cruise credit and progressed in status, you’ll receive those benefits on your next cruise.
The program is free and the status you have obtained does not expire, even if you do not browse for a while. You can log into the website to see your progress through the program, as well as information about your past crossings.
Earn status on the Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club
Unlike other popular cruise ship loyalty programs, Castaway Club status on the Disney Cruise Line is earned based on the number of cruises, not the number of nights. It doesn’t matter if you take a 3 or 14 night trip, you will earn credit for one crossing. For this reason, it can be relatively easy to reach platinum status in a short time by sailing on some of the 3 or 4 night cruises on offer.
You can only earn Castaway Club status by browsing DCL. There is no way to earn Castaway Club points through other promotions, by sailing on other cruise lines, or by spending with a credit card. You can earn credit by sailing on one of four Disney Cruise Line ships: Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy (plus the new ship coming in 2022, Disney Wish) from any destination. offered, on any route.
Currently, there are three Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club tiers. These levels are silver, gold and platinum.
Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club Tiers and Benefits
There are various perks you will receive at each Castaway Club level. Some of them, however, have been temporarily suspended due to the pandemic. So be sure to check with Disney Cruise Line for the latest information, as things are constantly changing.
If your stateroom includes guests at different Castaway Club levels, the highest level benefits are generally granted (with the exception of lanyards, which vary by each individual’s level). All guests in the cabin receive credit for each sail, including children.
Club Level Silver Castaway
Travelers become members of the Silver Castaway Club after sailing on the Disney Cruise Line. Upon reaching this level, benefits include:
- Ability to book cruise activities and excursions for fully paid sailing 90 days in advance (15 days earlier than new customers)
- A dedicated phone number offered only to members of the Castaway Club
- Ability to book new Disney Cruise Line itineraries one day before the general public
- Dedicated cruise terminal check-in area for Castaway Club members (in ports where offered)
- A welcome gift in your cabin upon arrival. In the past, this included items such as tote bags, luggage tags, and whiteboards.
- Early access to port arrival times, after check-in
- A silver Castaway Club member lanyard to hold your Key to the World card
Gold Castaway Club Level
After completing your fifth Disney Cruise Line cruise, you will become a member of the Gold Castaway Club. These benefits include everything Silver members receive, plus the following:
- Ability to book cruise activities and excursions for fully paid sailing 105 days in advance (compared to 90 days in advance for a Silver member and 75 days in advance for the general public)
- Early access to book new Disney Cruise Line itineraries two days before the general public
- An invitation to an onboard reception on cruises of 8 nights or more
- Discounts on board ships, including in merchandise stores
- A golden Castaway Club member lanyard to hold your Key to the World card
Castaway Platinum Club Level
Once you complete your tenth Disney Cruise Line cruise, you will earn Platinum status at the Castaway Club. This is the highest level of Castaway Club offered. Benefits include everything Gold members have earned, plus:
- Ability to book cruise activities and excursions for fully paid sailing 120 days in advance (compared to 105 days for a gold member, 90 days for a silver member and 75 days for the general public). This is especially useful for cabin rentals on Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, as they book up quickly and are often not available to the general public.
- Ability to book new Disney Cruise Line itineraries three days before the general public
- A Platinum Castaway Club membership lanyard to hold your Key to the World card
- Complimentary dinner at Palo, the adults-only Italian restaurant offered on all Disney Cruise Line ships. You’ll still need to make advance reservations, and all adults in your stateroom will get this benefit, as long as one guest in the room is a Platinum member.
To learn more about the Castaway Club loyalty program, visit their website.